Call: 01530 245 712
07531 852 018
Registered member of the Health and Care Professions Council
A.W.Physio is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people whose data we hold
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed only when absolutely necessary
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
- We will never sell or give your data to anyone who would spam you.
Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name and contact details. This may include sensitive personal information such as medical information. A.W. Physio may ask you for you for relevant information which will assist in providing you with the best possible treatment and advice.
A.W.Physio may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes
Information we may hold
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- basic details such as name, address, DOB, and contact details
- details provided by yourself by email, text or phone conversation
- patient experience feedback and treatment outcome information you provide
- information about complaints and incidents
- medical notes and reports about your health, injury including any treatment and care you have received or require
- information from customer surveys, competitions and marketing activities
- other information we receive from practitioners or other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
Use of Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be used to provide you with our services and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
- creating appointments and responding to your queries
- supporting your medical treatment and care
- internal record keeping and administration
- responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- checking the accuracy of information about you, and the quality of your treatment or care, including auditing medical and billing information for insurance claims.
- supporting your doctor or other healthcare professional
- assessing the type and quality of care you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated
- using your contact information to send you service-related information (only if you have agreed to this)
- using your contact information to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey
- using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research
Confidential and Medical Information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to A.W. Physio and we comply with UK data protection law and all the relevant medical confidentiality guidelines.
Your confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK law and guidelines from professional bodies, or for the purposes of clinical audit (unless you object).
Security of information
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have put in place physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect. A.W. Physio has a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information, and access to your confidential and medical information is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
Reasonable precautions are taken and industry best practices are followed to make sure your personal information it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
This website is secured by a SSL Certificate and as such, any information transmitted via this website is encrypted.
When using this website, if the URL of a web page starts with HTTPS, or you see a locked/green padlock symbol, your data should be encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server. However, we cannot ensure the security of your data when it is being transmitted to our website or other digital sites from other pages. All transmission of personal information and other data is done at your own risk.
Information submitted to A.W. Physio through the website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. Any information that you submit via this website will be used to respond to your initial contact and will not be kept for any other purpose. In addition, users are also requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We sometimes place small data files on your computer. These are known as cookies. Most websites do this.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
These cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish. We do not store any personal information in the cookies - nor do we place any cookies relating to advertising on the website.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it’s meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data with third parties. You can get more information on the cookies that Google Analytics stores in your browser at this link.
Retention of your personal and medical information
We will only keep your personal information and medical records for as long as is necessary. We have a legal obligation to retain records for 8 years after the conclusion of treatment. If the record relates to a child or young person, the records must be kept until the patient’s 25th birthday or 8 years after death.
Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) for A.W. Physio is Anthony Woodward. If you have any queries about our policy or concerns about your data please contact us. Full details are available on our contact page.
Third Party Data Processors
We use a third party (Cliniko) to help us securely store your personal data, manage the appointment diary and financial information. Confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care and may include GPs, consultants, occupational health departments or other Health and Care Professions.
Other third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them to cover the cost of your treatment.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Third party providers we use:
- Cliniko (https://www.cliniko.com/policies/privacy)
- Healthcode (https://www.healthcode.co.uk/privacy)
- Bupa (https://www.bupa.co.uk/legal-notices/privacy-and-cookies)